Simplify Your Life
“Simplifying is the perfect antidote for a stressful life”
Connie Cox and Chris Evatt
30 Days to a Simpler Life
I’m a huge advocate of simplifying your life (which has a major impact on your career as well).
Simplifying means different things to different people…for some it means selling everything and moving to the woods. For others, it means making minor or major lifestyle changes.
For everyone who chooses to simplify, it means taking a good, hard look at how you’re living your life and what you’re allowing to take up your time and energy.
Over the next few months, I’m going to be sharing my favorite ‘simplifying’ ideas. It’s something I’m really passionate about; I’ve seen dramatic benefits in my own life and the lives of my clients.
(I’d also love to hear from you…if you have great hints or suggestions about specific topics, please send me an e-mail!)
What are the benefits to simplifying? It’s having more time and fewer demands. Often, in the busy-ness of life, we let treasured passions and interests lapse into dormancy in our life. When we simplify, more of our true loves can be expressed.
- helps you stay organized
- gives you the freedom to spend your time/money/energy on things you really want
- saves time from doing what you don’t want
- saves money
- creates a more peaceful life/reduces stress
- is energy efficient and friendly to the environment
Simplifying is not something you can complete over a weekend.
It takes some time, because as you go, you will continue to find more things that you can simplify. The great thing about it is that you benefit every step of the way!
- How many hours of television do you watch per week?
- How many magazines do you read regularly?
- How many organizations do you belong to?
- How often do you take time for yourself?
- How often do you exercise?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- Do you know what the 4 most important values are in your life?
- Do you have a storage unit separate from your home, where you’re keeping things you don’t have room for?
- Do you have a garage, but your cars sit in the driveway because the garage is full of stuff?
- What are your top 5 favorite activities? Do you do them every week?
Does this questionnaire give you some ideas?
Start asking yourself what simplifying might mean to you. Do you want to make major changes, or are some minor changes enough for you to see huge benefits?